Sunday, 12 June 2011

Emotion overload

Hmm..

So I thought going interstate for the footy would help me.. ya know.. getting back to normal or whatever normal is now. I was wrong.

At 2pm on Friday we left Melbourne for Adelaide. All was well thought it was going to be great blah blah. About 4 hours in L started blabbering on and on about her new grand-daughter (4 months old) for about an hour. For half of it it was alright I chucked my earphones in and listened to some music but then my iphone went flat :( And I had to listen to it for ages. As it kept going the more and more I wanted to crawl in a hole and die. When we finally got there we had something to eat and checked in to the motel. I had a shower and went to bed.

The next morning we went to Glenelg, had a coffee with the yuppies, walked around etc. Then L takes me walking through a kids play area with a merry go round and shit. I so didnt need that. Seeing happy happy families playing with their kids. What another kick in the guts. Went to Harbourtown.. of course being a Saturday there is pram, babies, families everywhere. I normally dont put myself in this position or else I end up in the position I am in now. Angry, sad and generally over living.

On the way to Adelaide, L said she has lost 5 babies. a set of twins at 18 weeks, her daughters twin and 2 m/c. Am I the only one in thinking that she was very inconsiderate? She knew what happened to me/us. Why spend so long going on about her grand-daughter? I guess in the end its my problem and I should deal with it. I think I dealt with it pretty good. But Im the dickhead for putting myself in that situation. I didnt know anything about L before this trip so yeah.

So anyway my friend B was supposed to tell L that we were flying home on Saturday night after the game. Then L starts going on about where we will go on Sunday. Im thinking wtf? So I got B on her won (finally) and said Uh.. have you told her we are flying home? B: uh no. Me: WTF why? SO I waited and waited and by the end (at half time) I said to B are you going to tell her or not because I will. Shes like well you tell her then. FFS ok. I told her and L was fine with it but was wondering why B didnt tell her. All good we won. After match function was shit, I was sick of humanity and ended up grabbing my stuff and waiting outside for everyone to come out. I could feel myself getting more worked up as the time went on.

We had something to eat and then L drove us to the airport and yeah. Flew home. We got in at about 11.15pm and I said to B call K to see if he can leave to pick us up. And she goes ohh I hope he has finished work.. Im thinking fucking great we call no answer, I tried to call his work no answer, tried to call her niece no answer. By the end we ended up getting a taxi which cost $81 to her house. If I had known he wasnt going to pick us up like he said I would have left my car at the airport and then drove B home then went home. I got home at 1.30am after having a sob in the car on the way home. Everything just felt like a weight of bricks on my head I couldnt take it anymore. Was happy to be home.

Im thinking of cancelling my flights to Brisbane if its going to be like this again. I missed Craig and I wasnt ready for a night away. Brisbane is 2 nights away, I dont think I can handle it at the moment.

It wasnt just the inconsiderate conversations etc it was the little comments too. "Oh dont worry you'll have another one" or "I believe she was an angel not ready for this earth just yet"

I DONT WANT ANOTHER BABY. I WANT MY BABY BACK. NO BABY WILL REPLACE HER. EVER.

Nothing is ever going to be the same. Ever.

2 comments:

  1. kobe, thank you for sharing your blog with me. I spent the morning with my friend yesterday and she said to me "why don't people understand, it doesn't matter how many more babies i have I will never have my first daughter and i want her. no baby will ever replace her". I'm shocked that people don't get that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and Hayley is so beautiful. i'm so sorry this happened to you. xxx

    ReplyDelete